Friday, September 28, 2007

In the paper...

Share
I got two articles in the local media - one in the Bellingham Herald (online version here), and one in the Whatcom Independent (it's page 10 of 19 in the pdf archived online). The Whatcom Indy put it on their center page spread, with a teaser reference on their front page. In the Bellingham Herald, it took up the better part of the front page of the lifestyle section, with a small picture and teaser on the front page.

I've gotten great response from these; there were several email from folks who used to windsurf, and asked about how to get back into the sport. Some others asked about where to learn, and how hard it would be, and wanting to find out about getting their kids into it. And then there've been people talking to me about it at the gym, at my daughter's school, and even at work (although, as someone pointed out, I shot myself in the foot with that one since now everyone will be suspicious if I'm not at my desk on windy days...).

Of course, this is all part of the master plan - soon enough, we'll have windsurfing taking over as the major mainstream sport in Whatcom County and everyone will be out ripping - right?

1 comment:

PeconicPuffin said...

Not just coverage...a great photo! Very impressive.